Efficient spend management, procurement process and supply chain collaboration are crucial for all competitive businesses operating in a digitally transformed global work environment.
“Procurement has been on a journey that has led to dramatic transformation. But the journey is just beginning. Over the next 10 years, companies will face more opportunity and disruption than ever. And procurement will play a critical role in maximizing these opportunities to create business value.”– Dr Marcell Vollmer, Former Chief Digital Officer, SAP Ariba.
The worldwide procurement applications market could be worth $5.7 billion by 2022.
Combining procurement, supply chain collaboration solutions with SAP’s proven expertise in enterprise application software and supply chain management leads to SAP Ariba – The Marketplace, a Cloud-based B2B Procurement Software.
“Ariba” (before SAP acquired and rebranded it as SAP Ariba) was founded in 1996 on the idea of enabling companies to facilitate and improve their procurement processes through the internet.
SAP Ariba is now the procurement applications software leader and the world’s largest business network. 76% of the Forbes Global 2000 rely on Ariba Network for supporting their collaborative commerce initiatives.
How big is SAP Ariba?
Let’s try to answer this question by briefly understanding what SAP Ariba is all about.
SAP Ariba: A B2B Software Company
- Offers solutions for digitizing, integrating all or part of source-to-pay and order-to-cash processes.
- Provides cloud-based procurement, spend management and supply chain services.
- It is the marketplace for modern businesses.
- Ariba Network connects suppliers and buyers for doing business.
- Creates intelligent and simple exchanges between them.
- The technology offered by SAP Ariba helps organisations negotiate better agreements with
suppliers and controls overspending.
- Its supply chain management services’ multiple functionalities help companies in effectively
sourcing, procuring materials, analysing spendings, and managing suppliers.
SAP Ariba facts:
- 60 new companies join every hour.
- SAP Ariba Network has 4.4 million+ suppliers transacting $2.9 trillion worth of commerce.
- 195 million+ catalogue items.
- 34 million+ leads sent to sellers and 180 million business commerce transactions every year.
- 99% of suppliers joining Ariba Network stay on it year after year.
- Suppliers realize a 30% growth in existing accounts.
- 35% increase in new business.
- 75% faster deal closure.
- 75% gain in order processing productivity via cXML.
- 15% increase in customer retention.
- Up to 99% higher renewal rates through increased customer satisfaction.
- 20% faster payment.
- 100 million+ documents (POs + Invoices) and 11 million+ timesheets processed annually.
- 80% increase in order accuracy
- $3.2 million spend transacted across the network every year.
- Transactions in 190 countries and 172 currencies.
SAP Ariba features:
- Allows you to connect to an extensive network of suppliers and enhances collaboration with appropriate business partners.
- SAP Ariba network eliminates procurement process complexities as buyers and suppliers can manage all vendor management terms on a single network.
- Organizations can connect with suitable suppliers while utilizing in-depth visibility of their inside vendor and procurement management processes. It results in error-free business transactions.
- SAP Ariba easily integrates with SAP ERP solutions such as SAP ECC and S/4HANA. It helps in automating different processes in the procurement cycle.
- Can integrate transactional and master data from different ERP solutions to Ariba processes.
SAP Ariba benefits include:
- Needs low initial cost for setting up and SAP Ariba, being cloud-based, can be accessed from any location.
- Improves buyer, supplier and user experience by bringing digital transformation to the supply chain process.
- Simplifies procurement, sourcing process through easy synchronization to SAP SRM and other ERP software.
- Easy setup of vital procurement processes like Procure to Pay and Procure to Order.
- As a supplier, can find new customers, respond to RFP/RFI and submit proposals.
- Handle POs, send invoices, and receive payments.
- Strengthens customer relationships.
SAP Ariba Network is undoubtedly the largest B2B marketplace, with millions of companies doing business at more than double the volume of Amazon and Flipkart combined.
SAP Ariba’s sourcing, procurement, supply chain collaboration solutions digitally transform your business to collaborate with suppliers and trading partners on Ariba Network.
The Ariba Partner program provides you with tools, resources, and benefits required for building, running, and growing your business.
AmDhan, with years of procurement domain experience, provides a structured approach, collaborates closely with your team and offers complete end-to-end solutions.